Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Bosco for MVP
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Bosco for MVP
Bosco for MVP 6 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I know what you were thinking when you saw that Bosco was nominated for MVP: there's no D is Bosco. Well that's okay, because there are 2 O's.

"Defense wins championships" is a common cliche but:

1) This probably isn't true in ultimate, especially summer league;
2) let's face the facts, even if defense wins championships, offense wins MVP awards.

I've read in other endorsements about the importance of attendance and that you can't contribute to the team if you aren't there. In Bosco's case this isn't true - he dominated the games even when he wasn't there.

I first met Bosco 3 years ago in summer league. He was an okay player but nothing special. When I found he was dating Kendra, like most people I thought "damn she's slumming - what's she doing with him?" Playing with Bosco this season I often found myself thinking "damn he's good, I wonder what he's doing slumming with her?"

If you want to know why he wears those hideous tights every game, even when it is disgustingly hot and humid out - I really haven't got a clue, but did you see him sky Canetti when Seth tried the tiger trap in the exhibition game last week? He should be MVP just for that.

If you want to know he can be the MVP if he turned the disc over a couple times against your team, I have an explanation for that. It was the receiver's fault - his D5 teammate clearly would've caught the throw he made.

Finally, I think I have reached the point where I am supposed to regale you with legendary tales about Bosco's tremendous catches over three men a foot taller than him and how he made crucial grabs here and there. Well, it's Bosco. What do you think he was grabbing?

Bosco, the easy choice for MVP.
EvanBlumberg
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: marty
allhotgays.com