Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Newbie to NYC. Played Ultimate for Florida State.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Newbie to NYC. Played Ultimate for Florida State.
Newbie to NYC. Played Ultimate for Florida State. 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey guys / gals.

I am new to the NYC disc scene. I played competitive disc golf the past 4 years down in Florida, but there is not really any of that around here (requires too much space to be empty). As a result, I am looking to get back in to the Ultimate scene.

A little about myself:
My name is John Allaman. I graduated from FSU with my degree from FSU in December 2006. I played collegiate competitive ultimate for Florida State from 2002-2005. We were pretty serious/good, being ranked as high as #9 in the country, after defeating UC Santa Barbara at Mardi Gras (I believe it was 2003 or 2004). Several players from our team just returned from playing at Worlds in Prague (Chain Lighting). I am not nearly that good. We did run a trick zone that screwed with a lot of teams (think rotating cup... for those who know standard zone defense).

I do have decent skills, and was in our starting seven (we had an A and a B team one year, and I was still starting A). I mainly played popper position against zones, and was either the dump or mid-stack in a man-on-man situation. It has been about 4 years since I played competitively (not nearly in good enough shape now).

I am wondering what kind of leagues / pickup games / etc. there are around NYC.

I have disc skills (picked up disc golf competitively after ultimate), and it will just take a game or two to get my release point and arm speed adjusted back to an Ultrastar (we didnt play with Whamo discs... 175 UPA certified only).

Let me know what is around. I am in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and would prefer meetings near public transpo (subway, etc.). I work in mid-town from 9-6pm (professional accountant) 1 block south of Central Park, on 6th Avenue.

Cheers!

John
jwa4378
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Newbie to NYC. Played Ultimate for Florida State. 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey John,

If no one has gotten back to you, email me and I can let you know where pickup games/leagues happen in and around nyc.

welcome to ny!

ml,
Julie

jsussman _at_g(wiz)mail.com
jsussman
graphgraph

Re:Newbie to NYC. Played Ultimate for Florida State. 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Julie,

Email sent. I got your reply, and also sent an email to Fi and Mary, inquiring about open club teams in NYC.

Is there an email list for hat tournaments, pickup games, etc? Or do people just call people?

Also, where and when in Prospect Park are the pick up games? Definitely interested in Open Club this fall.

Cheers!

John
jwa4378
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: marty
allhotgays.com