Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals
Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Hey Everyone!

USAU Club Sectionals is coming up in September. If you're not on one of the established club teams in our area and would like to play here's your chance!

Mary Glickman, a Connecticut player from New Haven's D5, and a Trish Smit, a veteran player and organizer from Chicago who's just moved to the area, are helping by putting together a pick-up teams for Sectionals. (Trish is also our TD for Sectionals.) Please keep reading if you are interested.

NEW for this fall's Club Championship Series: the Metro NY Section will host a one day Division II tourney for Coed Teams alongside the Division I and Open Div games.

So, Mary and Trish will either make two Div II teams, one that is more Connecticut centric and one that is more NYC centric, or if there is interest, a Div I and a Div II team. Our hope is that a lot of you will take the opportunity to play in the top ultimate championships in the world.

Why you should play:

§ This is perfect for more relaxed, less formal/competitive teams or groups of ultimate players.

§ The games will be fun but competitive with greater parity than if we only had one division.

§ You'll get a chance to participate in the USA Ultimate Club Series which is the premier Championship Series in all of Ultimate.

§ All Div I and Div II teams count toward our section's Team count for bids to Regionals!

§ The fields are fantastic and better than any pickup league fields we have in the area.

Tournament Venue: Blue Sky Polo Club, Middletown, NY (gorgeous fields, just an hour and a half from the city)

Date: Saturday, September 18. Raindate: Saturday September 25th.

If you are interested in signing up for this pickup team or unsure and have questions, please contact: marykglickman(at)gmail(dot)com and trish@ultiny.com

If you know of a local college team, or any other local teams, or a loose collection of 10-20 people who want to go to Sectionals, the Division I pool is still open! Just specify in your email if you are signing up for the Div II pick-up team or have a Div I team. (Division I will play Sept 18 & 19)

Timeline for making your decision: August 25th (please let us know before then)

Other things to consider in making your decision:

1) The fee for bids this year are $175 for Div II and $350 for Div I. The more people we sign-up, the lower your individual cost will be. (i.e. If we get 25 people, your tourny fee will be $14 dollars (Div 1) or $7 for Div II).

2) The USAU maxes rosters out at 27; so first come, first served!

3) You will be provided with food and water and gorgeous fields!!

If you've got any questions please get in touch with Mary or Trish at the emails above, or feel free to drop me a line: fi.cheng[at]gmail[dot]com.

And please please please spread the word.

See you on the fields,
Fi
ficheng
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/12 09:52 By ficheng.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Note: Fi is "retired"
RyanDelaney
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Can you please clarify what the cost is for Div I and Div II?

At one point you said Div I bid = $175 and Div II bid = $350.

Then you said per player (if 27 to a team) Div I = $14 and Div II = $7.
DennisMurphy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
DMurph,

Thanks for catching my typo. Div I is 350 (so with 25 players, the team fee is $14/pax). Div II is $175 ($7/pax). This is cause Div I is two days and Div II is only one day.

Hope you can help pull a team together. Are there any Hofstra folks that are not on 7x?

And yes, Delaney, I am retired. Does not mean i can't post.
ficheng
Admin
graphgraph

Re:Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm working to send a team of Hofstra people that aren't currently playing club.
DennisMurphy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

We are going to have a a handful of players from the UltiNY summer league participate as in Div II as well. Finding a captain is the tough part. If you live in the city and want to hop in with some potential teammates during league, let me know. cullen@ultiny.com

Any of these Div 2 teams are welcome to come to the city on August 28th/29th for our tournament.

scores.usaultimate.org/scores/#mixed/tournament/7734
CullenShaw
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
I am working on putting together a pickup team from long island as well!

Let's get more teams so everyone gets more bids!
RyanDelaney
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

I am definitely interested.

What is the difference between Div I and Div II teams? I would like to play Open vs. Co-ed (down in FL it was a rule that 2-3 women had to be on the field at all times for both teams playing co-ed). No offense to anyone... I am just used to playing on all-male teams (where I struggled to crack the starting lineup).

I am looking to get into the most competitive level I can (I might not play at that level now, but when I get back into shape... the disc skills were there at one point... LOL).

Please email me at jwa4378 at g mail dot com with potential club teams I could play for (please let me know their experience level too)...

Cheers!

John
jwa4378
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/20 19:25 By jwa4378.

Re:Players needed: Hat teams Mixed Club Sectionals 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Hey John,

The difference between Div I and Div II is mainly the experience level of the teams and the duration of the tournament.

Div I teams: They've been together for a while, have lost of experienced players, some have been to nationals, many have been to regionals. The tourney is two days.

Div II teams: Probably not any established teams in this bunch. Some players will have won nationals several times and are just not really playing competitive ulti anymore so they are playing in Div II. Some are mainly pick up players or league players. For a few this will be their first tournament. There should also be a couple of college teams in the mix.
Tourney is one day.

Hope to see you out there,
Fi
ficheng
Admin
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: marty
allhotgays.com